My Blog List

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

49 lbs DOWN people!! 24 lbs TO GO!!!

Hi people, I am sorry I haven't been here in ages, but I actually got frustrated with my blog. Reading over and over again what I was "going to do" and never doing it, grew a bit old for me after a while. So I stopped blogging to try and stop embarrassing myself lol.. and guess what happen'd?? I lost 49lbs. It just dropped off!!! I had to go for many fills, every time I got a fill I would lose about 10lbs.. but the last time I went for a fill Frederik ( my insanely handsome surgeons aid) told my quite sternly that my 7cc band was actually .5 of a mil away from being full and that after that last fill I might only be able to get one more small fill and that would be it. You can imagine how freaked I was.. I had not lost NEARLY as much weight as I wanted to and after going through surgery, I began to feel like this was it. I was hitting the wall again. It wasn't going to happen this time either. He told me that to reach my goal weight I would HAVE to start exercising properly. I went home, a little bit freaked and a little bit determined I could turn this around. And do you know what? I did. That last fill was the fill that I needed to get my restriction. Everyone is different when it comes to this procedure, so if you have the band and you think you are failing, or it is going slower than you thought it would, breathe and refocus.
Now don't get me wrong.. I have also FINALLY changed my eating habits and my head is FINALLY thinking in smaller portions, but this is the one huge point that people considering this surgery need to recognize. This surgery will give you a smaller stoma, a smaller stomach and you WILL only be able to eat much less of what you ate before.. but it WILL NOT change your mind and how you think about food. Only YOU can do that. I still eat chocolate, I still drink wine. We still order Chinese or Indian every now or then. But NOW I only want maybe two squares of chocolate instead of two bars, and I will share ONE Chinese portion with my fiance.. without rice, or prawn crackers. I order Chicken Tandoori from the clay oven in the Indian, no rich creamy sauces or naan bread. I don't eat bread anymore anyway because it just fills me up and I need all the space I can get for my protein or veggies. Eggs are great, they are quick to make and are full of protein. I gave up sugar in my tea because it made me feel sick with the band. Crisps and chips don't go down either so I don't eat them anymore.. I always go for my protein first at a meal. There are some days that I really feel like I need to eat for nourishment and to try and get SOMETHING into me for breakfast I will have a cup of tea with my meal, it helps it go down. And so, here I am today. Iv lost 49lbs, I have achieved 66% of my goal, and I still have 8 weeks to go to my first year surgaversary ;) so maybe I will be down another bit by then. It has been the best thing I have ever done in my life and I would recommend to anyone. I ws reading back over earlier posts in this blog where I documented what Iate that day, and I was shocked. And that was when I was "watching what I ate"??? OMG. No wonder I needed a band. No sense of portion control at ALL!
This is only the beginning for me though to be honest, I never took those "before" pictures, because in my heart of hearts I never thought there would be an "after" picture. I didn't want to really let myself believe I could achieve this just in case I didn't and I had let myself down.. AGAIN. But now I can see how my body is changing and how good my clothes feel on me, and I want more. I want to lose that other 24lbs and I want to go THE WHOLE WAY, because now I think I can. No, sorry, NOW I KNOW I CAN!!! I want to get really fit and strong, toned and slightly muscular. I had the most amazing thing happen to me the other day, I bumped into this guy outside the vets office. we had a brief chat about the dogs etc and I thought he was a really nice genuine guy. As I drove off I saw his jeep with an advert on the side of it for personal training, and he only lives down the road from me. So I googled him and made an appointment. I am giving up the cigarettes in the new year t fund this so its all part of the plan. His site looks brilliant and he seems to be a bit of a genius.. second degree black belt in karate, personal trainer, martial arts expert and a diet and nutritionist to boot!! So hopefully, fingers crossed I can meet him and we can work together. This is where I am going now and this is how serious I am about it. Looking forward to the new year people and I will keep you all posted!!! ;) Fat kisses xxx

1 comment:

  1. Iv tried every diet and reciently paid €300 to get hypnotised to loose weight. I didnt shift a lb :-( im 26 and have been unemployed for 2 years and its all getting to me... A gastric band is my dream but i cant afford it. i want to be thin and healthy so bad. Thanks for sharing your story. How did ur wedding go?

    ReplyDelete