My Blog List

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1 Pre-op Diet

I bounced out of bed yesterday morning full of enthusiasm for my first official day on my pre-op diet. I thought it was the day before but I counted my dates wrong! I began yesterday by having two cups of tea before I left the house and I made a double shake to take with me for the journey. I know it sounds like alot but there is only 500mls of soya milk in a double so they are not that big, but I knew I would need to do that because I was not going to get a chance to have lunch and possibly not dinner either as I had loads of stuff to do and people to see. So off I went and no sooner than I had it down my neck than I began to feel nauseas and mega-bloated, it was horrible.
However it turned out I was right and didnt get a chance to have anything to eat at all and I ended up in Burger King on the Motorway at 20.00 STARVING.. (I will never be caught out again without healthy snacks and I will make it a priority to eat a healthy meal when I need one) so I had a Piri Piri Chicken sandwich with NO mayo and a diet coke instead, 370 cals and approx 6g of fat I think. I was annoyed at myself for not being prepared but I guess this is a learning process and as long as I have learnt from it it will be ok.
Today I had porridge for breakfast made on skim milk and a banana, a bagel with low fat cheese spread and a slice of ham for breakfast and a bowl of home made celeriac soup, and then tonight I had a chicken salad and three crisp breads made with some light salad cream.
I have had the worst stomach cramps all day and I have been to the w/c alot, sorry if that is tmi! I have a head ache and a very bad wind pain, so all in all I feel pretty crappy. I am considering just making a big vat of soup and just eating fruit and lots of lean protein.. I feel I need a more "set" diet, so I will see how tomorrow goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment