My Blog List

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year... New Me!

Ok so this is New Years Eve and unfortunately my Dad got some really bad news about my Uncle last night, who is very sick, and he had to go to be with his brothers family. So that leaves me with Mummy dearest and the ends of a disgusting hangover I acquired last night.  My Other Half was expecting friends to come up from the City and ring in the new year and I was overjoyed (I know, I'm a cow!) to hear that they couldn't make it. (They have a three year old girl and she is a rude spoilt little brat!)
Now don't get me wrong, I would not be going out anyway in my current state of overindulged bloatedness. Oh no, I am staying in. But next New Years Eve will be the unveiling of "Gilly the Goddess".. ;) So starting tomorrow morning it is "Operation Skinny Bitch". The first day of the transformation. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and this will be my starting point. (I may have to reset my ticker.. ahem.. lol!) and my goal is 140 lbs. For the time until my surgery I am going to be concentrating on my fitness, and I am giving up smoking and drinking. I have devised an eating plan which goes as follows :

Three meals and three snacks a day. 1500 calories. 60-100g of protein per day.
One multi vitamin and at least 2 litres of water per day.
At least 2 servings of Calcium per day.
I want to begin each meal with a piece of fruit (it is better for your digestion and it will whet my appetite.
Each meal will contain a protein, and two veg portions.
Carbs will only be eaten at either Breakfast or Lunch but never at Dinner.
Three snacks will contain 100 calories each and be protein based.
1200 calories will be split between my other three meals.
I will only eat sitting at a table and with a knife and fork.
I will allocate 30 mins to eat a meal, more if necessary.
I will chew my food until it is liquidated in my mouth before I swallow it (in practising for my band).
I will keep a food journal and write down everything I put into my mouth and why.
I know this is well and good on paper and if I could adhere to all these things I would have no need for a band, but I must start to TRY. It is the LACK of trying that is killing me..
Ok for the psychological side of things, I have to do a bit more research. This is as much an emotional change as a physical one, and I want a happy, fit mind to go with my healthy, happy body.
I realise the importance for physical activity and I hereby commit at least one hour a day to go for a walk, or do some other physical activity. I want to start Yoga and Pilates and also start meditation.

Well.. here go's nothing, only a third of my overall body weight :))

No comments:

Post a Comment