My Blog List

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Day, the first battle..

Hi everyone!! Ok, so game on. Today is the first of January 2011 and this is the year that I will become a Skinny Bitch :) As you know, I am having lap band surgery in February but I am channeling a healthier frame of mind and starting to train myself to make the right food choices until then. So today,  I slept very late as I was up driving everyone home after the celebrations last night and didnt get to bed until 5am. So my mum brought me tea and toast in bed this morning and I ate it.. it was wholemeal brown bread, low fat spread and I think there was sugar in my tea. Not the amazing start i had hoped for but it could have been worse! I then went back to sleep and slept until 15.30. I was wrecked after the late night and the Christmas festivities, so I think that was ok. Then I got up when my brother came over and hauled me out of bed. I had another cup of tea and an Actimel with my painkillers I had to take for my back. Then I made a Chicken Salad for Dinner..   Pictured here on the right. It was very tasty I have to say. Lettuce, radishes, mixed peppers and red onion, with a little low fat dressing and coleslaw mixed with a tiny touch of mustard was topped with chicken breast fried in  a tiny drop of olive oil.
Ok I didn't know how much protein there is in it and I didn't count calories, but it is low carb and fairly low fat.
Maybe I could have done a bit better but I am going to praise myself for making the effort!! Rome was not built in  a day you know ;)
Yesterday I set out a list of things I need to do every day to change my life. I dont think I achieved all of them today but I did try. Tomorrow I will try harder. I weighed myself today and I weighed in at 15 stone 5 lbs, which is 215 lbs. My goal is 140. I will weigh myself every Saterday and track my weight loss as I go on my tracker. How did you think I did today? What would you have done differently? Please leave me your comments I would be most grateful :) Tomorrow is a new day and it will be a better diet day than today. Every day I will improve and eventually be able to answer "Yes" to all of my checklist of new habits below. Until then, fellow fat fighters, be good, and take care ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment