My Blog List

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Deposit paid.. just booking my flights. OMG!!!

Just paid my money by International Money transfer from Ireland to Belgium, It normally takes three days ( I did not know that!!) Nor did I know that it was 25 euro to send it (bank charges.. duh I should have known..!) So I lodged 275 euro into my account and it was transferred from there.
I had a very bad experience some time last summer when I originally decided to get a band. I had a consultation with a Hungarian based clinic in Dublin, called "Haven Cosmetics". I went to the consultation (which was in a private house in Sandymount, alarm bells anyone?!) and met with this horrible sweaty man who claimed to be an anaesthetist. It was going to be 8000 euro for the operation, payable in advance to his account. He showed me amazing before and after pictures of previous patients. I was so desperate I decided to go for it. Two days later myself and my other half went to the Bank at Trinity in Dublin to lodge the money. As i stood in line with the lodgement slip completed I began to feel weak and faint. I got to the desk and handed the girl the money. Just as she was about to hit the send button I knew it was a wrong decision. "STOP!" I screamed at her.. the whole bank came to standstill and security jumped to attention. "Sorry, I mean, I made a mistake. I don't want to lodge to that account..." She looked at me as if I had just morphed into an alien. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes and I couldn't catch my breath. (I probably did look like an alien I'm pretty freaky looking when I cry!) My fiance led me out of the bank that day, delighted I didn't do it. Three weeks later the news broke that the so-called surgeon was in fact a bit of a butcher and had left people badly injured and without any aftercare at all. Somebody was watching over me that day in June 2010, and I am very thankful for that. Today was completely different. I strode into the bank full of confidence, really excited, and apart from having to fill in THREE (yes, THREE!) lodgement slips, everything went according to plan. Not a tear or a wobble in sight :)  BELGIUM HERE I COME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment